Thinking of eloping but have no idea where to start?
Things To Keep in Mind: Logistics
What type of scenery would you want to have on your elopement?
What season would you like to get married in? (this is very important when picking locations and timeline!)
How much adventuring do you want to do on your elopement?
Will you be bringing family/friends? will it just be two of you?
Are there any hobbies or things you do together that you could incorporate into the day?
Examples of your elopement timeline!
Full Day Elopement
Outdoor Edition (with guests, no hiking)
- 10am: Start your breakfast, if not earlier!
- 10:30 Makeup & hair should be starting - Groom can prepare mimosas! LOL
- 11:30 Photo and video will get there to start shooting getting ready photos for both bride and groom!
- 12:40 (if ready) - First look at the Airbnb or hotel.
- 1:45 Guests will start getting to the ceremony location, (Outdoors with no hiking required)
- 2:30-3:30 Ceremony time! + family photos and toast!
- 3:30-4:00 First dance + cake cutting + fun!!
- 4:00-4:30 (depending on sunset) Bride and Groom photos
- 4:30 - 5:00 ready to pack up and go! (sparklers send off!)
Mountain/Desert Edition (with guests)
We can pick between Sunrise or Sunset, in this example, we will use sunset!
- 3:00PM - We meet in front of the trail we will be hiking!
- 3:30-4:30 ( Or Once we made it to the location!) Getting ready for the ceremony with your fiance and your guests! After that we will do family photos and celebrate with a toast! (and/or cake) + your First dance!
- 4:30-5:30 (or depending on when the sun sets) We will keep on exploring and taking photographs of you two alone! this will be your moment to watch the beautiful sunset and celebrate alone that you are MARRIED!!
- & by 5:40 or 6ish we should be done with it all and should be heading back down! :)
Every Elopement is different, Starting with the season you will want to elope in! which is what makes it super exciting. these are just examples of how we would go on about our day. Of course things would change once we know times for sunset and sunrise, as well as weather conditions! After booking, if you still have no idea how to go about your day, I will send you Questionnaires, activity and food options and so much more! and whatever feels more true to your relationship is what you should decide on! the possibilities are endddddlesssss!!!
For The Adventure Lovers!
As I mentioned before the timeline will be different for each person and whether or not they will be having guests as well.
Now let's talk about the Adventure - but not just hiking ... I mean Bucket List adventures that never in a million years you'd think you could do on your elopement but guess what? You Absolutely Can!!
Here are some options we can consider (of course it all depends in where you want to elope)
Kayaking - Paddleboarding
& so much more!
Remeber to book:
I would recommend renting a car 1000%
unless you want to elope in NYC.
This is very important as it would be (if picked) the location where we will do getting ready photos or even ceremony! Treat yourself, it's where you'll first sleep as a married couple!
This varies depending on where you decide to elope!
I can help you figure out the permits if we need them. I would recommend for this to be one of the first things you do as some parks take longer than others!
Some other vendors you can start searching for if needed:
If you need help finding vendors on the location desired for the elopement - contact me!!
For the most part, you can figure all of this out on your County Clerks website. If not make sure that once you call find out:
How long does it take to receive the license
Is a witness needed?
If not married at the courthouse do you need an officiant? (Unless you are in Colorado)
Have all your paperwork in hand to make it nice and easy!